Tsiribihina river tour – Tsingy de Bemaraha
Tsiribihina river tour and Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park. Adventure and relaxation in the western part of Madagascar. A relaxing pirogue (canoe) tour on the Tsiribihina river. Sit back and enjoy the beautiful landscape and a wide variety of birds and wildlife. Visit Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park and the famous Baobab Avenue.
Scroll down for detailed day to day program.
Tsiribihina river tour – Tsingy de Bemaraha
9 days / 8 nights
Ivato airport – Antananarivo – Antsirabe – Miandrivazo – Masiakapy – Tsiribihina river tour – Nosinapela Waterfall – Belo sur Tsiribihina – Bekopaka – Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park – Belo sur Tsiribihina – Baobabs Alley – Morondava
- Taxi Brousse (Premium Category ) : Antananarivo – Antsirabe / Antsirabe – Miandrivazo
- Accommodation: Antananarivo (1 night) / Antsirabe (1 night) / Miandrivazo (1 night) / Bekopaka(2nights) / Morondava (1 night)
- Continental breakfast: Antananarivo, Antsirabe, Miandrivazo, Bekopaka, Morondava
- Transfer by vehicles: Ivato airport – Antananarivo city (Hotel) / Hotel – Taxi brousse station in Antananarivo / Taxi brousse station in Antsirabe – Hotel / Hotel – Taxi brousse station in Antsirabe / Taxi brousse station in Miandrivazo – Hotel / Miandrivazo – Masiakapy and Masiakapy to the Tsiribihina delta.
- Miandrivazo – Masiakapy – Tsiribihina River – Nosinapela Waterfall – Tsingy de Bemaraha – Baobabs Alley – Morondava: Full board on Tsiribihina river (2x lunch, 2x dinners , 2x breakfasts) / Formalities at the police office in Miandrivazo and Masiakapy / Local boat and boatmen / The mineral water on the river and at the Tsingy visits / The camping equipments on the river / The entrance fee at the waterfall of Nosinapela / A sport-utility vehicle Malagasy during 3 days / The entrance in the Tsingy of Bemaraha and a local guide (Big Tsingy: Andamozavaky circuit and Small Tsingy: Andadoany circuit / The ferry boats in Belo sur Tsiribihina and Bekopaka Andadoany / All facilities on the tour / An assistant guide during the tours / Communal Taxes at Masiakapy: Gendarmes or Soldiers, Boarding fee.
For one person: € 1.910,-
For two persons: € 2.050,-
Best time: April to 25 November
This tour will bring you to the best sights and attractions in this region. However, the tour may be adapted for you.
We are flexible and there is always room for personal preferences. Please let me know!
Tsiribihina river tour – Tsingy de Bemaraha – Day to day
Day 1: Airport – transfer by car to Antananarivo city center (hotel)
We will meet at the International Airport of Ivato and transfer you to the hotel in the center of the city. Overnight at Chalet des Roses hotel, standard room.
Day 2: Antananarivo – Antsirabe by Taxibrousse (hotel)
Early in the morning after breakfast, we will take Route National nr. 7 by a Taxi brousse to Antsirabe. A good road through highlands and beautiful green rice fields. In the afternoon we can visit a lapidary, some workshops and markets or just relax at the hotel in Antsirabe. In the evening there is time to walk through the nice town centre or take a “pousse pousse” ride around town and visit a restaurant or bar.
Overnight at Flower palace hotel, comfort Room.
Day 3: Antsirabe – Miandrivazo by Taxibrousse – (hotel)
After breakfast, we will continue our trip by a Taxi brousse and for the rest of the day we’ll be traveling through the changing Malagasy countryside. In the evening we can relax at our hotel in Miandrivazo. Here I will also introduce you to the owner of the Pirogue (traditional canoe). He will be our “captain” for the next few days. Overnight at La Pirogue hotel, mid-range Bungalow or Room
Day 4: Tsiribihina river tour (Camping)
Miandrivazo – Masiakapy – Tsiribihina River Tour – Nosinapela Waterfall – Begidro Village – Camping
After breakfast, transfer to Masiakapy by private car and transfer again by zebu cart to the start point of Tsiribihina river . Here, we will start the calm water river journey on the majestic Tsiribihina River. You can sit back, relax and enjoy many beautiful landscapes and many kinds of wild animals like: Herons, Wild ducks, Parrots, Raptor birds, Kingfishers, Chameleons, Insects and Butterflies. In the midday, we cross the massif of Bemaraha. It overflows with a fantastic landscape, deciduous forest with its lemurs and the marvellous sounds of birds. In the afternoon, we will have a shower under the best waterfall of Madagascar: “Nosinapela ” and its natural swimming-pool. After this nice waterfall ,we keep cruising toward Begidro village where we will be setting camp on a sand bank, build a fire and cook your dinner. Enjoy your meal, listening to the sounds of the river and watch the sun go down.
Day 5: Tsiribihina River Tour (Camping)
We cruise slowly on the river and in the midday; we stop for lunch under the mango tree. In the afternoon, we set camping on a sand bank where is nearby a traditional Malagasy village. Enjoy dinner and have a good night sleep. Out here, there are no streetlights or pollution, the night sky is filled with stars. Beautiful and relaxing, leading you to sweet dreams.
Day 6: Tsiribihina River Tour (Hotel)
End of the local boat trip – Tsarahotana Village – Antsiraraka Village – Belo sur Tsiribihina – Bekopaka (Hotel)
This last part of the pirogue trip , leads us to beautiful landscapes with rice fields on the river banks. Around 10am, we arrive on the end of local boat trip Tsarahotana Village.
After boarding baggage and thanking the boatmen, we drive and pass through some lovely small Village. After 2,5 hours on off-road, we arrive in Tsimafana Village where we take the big ferry. We cruise on this ferry and arrive at Belo sur Tsiribihina then drive a a short distance to the restaurant where we have lunch.
After lunch, we keep driving during 4,5 hours on off-road . Arrival at Andadoany where we take a small ferry. We drive a short distance and we get to the hotel. Overnight at Olympe de Bemaraha hotel, standard lodge Bungalow.
Day 7: Bekopaka – Andamozavaky circuit(Big Tsingy) – Bekopaka – Andadoany circuit(Small Tsingy) – Bekopaka(Hotel)
Early morning at 6 am, we have breakfast and start driving for 15 Km to the Big Tsingy,s car park (1,20 hours drive). 4 and a half hours hiking in the infinite Grand Tsingy. We see 30 Meters high cracks, forest’s canyon where lives lemurs and Birds…,the flora is truly unique with its endemic and medicinal plants, caves, cathedral of rocks, the infinite view on the highest roof of the Big Tsingy. Before 2pm ,we might arrive at our hotel where we have lunch then relaxing for 30 minutes . After that, we discover the beautiful Small Tsingy. We see labyrinth of limestone, 2 view points on the limestone pinnacle formation, the biggest Sifaka of the West of Madagascar which is called Decken’s Sifaka, Red fronted brown Lemurs, Birds species, Golden wob web spiders …
This tour is a perfect circle which finishes on the Manambolo River’s gorge.
Overnight at Olympe de Bemaraha hotel, standard lodge Bungalow
Day 8: Bekopaka – Belo sur Tsiribihina
– Baobabs Alley – Morondava (Hotel)
After breakfast ,we will drive south to Morondava . Visiting the sacred ‘Baobab in love’ and the famous ‘Baobab avenue’ for a beautiful sunset. In the evening, we will arrive in Morondava and relax at Laguna beach hotel.
Overnight at Laguna beach hotel, comfort Room.
Here, we can arrange your transfer to the airport of Morondava, the next morning.
- Broad way circuit in the Tsingy of Bemaraha
- Anjohimanitsy circuit in the Tsingy of Bemaraha
- Gorge de Manambolo circuit in the Tsingy of Bemaraha
- Ranotsara circuit (2nd Big Tsingy of Bemaraha)
- Gorge de Manambolo + Manambolobe circuits in the Tsingy of Bemaraha
- Kirindy Forest tours