Sit back, relax and let me take you to explore some of the highlights of Madagascar: the famous National Park of Andasibe, the central Highlands, Tsiribihina River (tour), Baobab Avenue and visit beautiful Nosy Be Island.
Please scroll down for a detailed day to day program.
14 days / 13 nights
Ivato airport (transfer) – Natural Reserve of Andasibe (Night walk at Andasibe, Analamazaotra National Park), Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve – Peyreiras Reptiles Farm – Antsirabe – Miandrivazo – The Tsiribihina River descent (by local boat) – Nosinapela waterfall – Baobab Avenue in Morondava – Morondava – Seaside resort of Nosy Be – Antananarivo (the Capital).
Including in the price:
- Transport by private vehicle, fuel, driver, an assistant guide: Ivato airport – Antananarivo city – Andasibe – Night walk in Andasibe / Andasibe – Analamazaotra National Park – Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve – Andasibe / Andasibe – Peyreiras Reptiles Farms in Marozevo – Antsirabe / Antsirabe – Andraikiba Lake – Miandrivazo
- Transport by premium (+), taxibrousse: Morondava to Antananarivo
- Accommodation: Andasibe (2 nights) / Antsirabe (1 night) / Miandrivazo (1night) / Morondava (1night) / Antananarivo (1 night) / Nosy be (4 nights) / Antananarivo (1 night).
- Continental breakfast: Andasibe / Antsirabe / Miandrivazo / Morondava / Antananarivo / Nosy be / Antananarivo.
- Transfer by car: Miandrivazo to Masiakapy / Masiakapy to Tsiribihina river delta / Hotel to Morondava taxibrousse station / Antananarivo taxibrousse station to the hotel(Antananarivo) / Hotel (Antananarivo) to Ivato airport / Nosy be airport – Hotel(Nosy be) / Hotel(Nosy be) to Nosy be airport / Ivato airport to Antananarivo city / Antananarivo city – the upper town in Antananarivo – Digeu Market- Ivato airport
- Parks and local guides: Night walk in Andasibe / Analamazaotra National Park / Ilot de Lodge Vakona / Pyereiras Reptiles Farm
- Miandrivazo – Masiakapy – Tsiribihina river – Nosinapela waterfall- Baobab Avenue – Morondava: full board on the Tsiribihina river (2x lunch, 2x dinner, 2x breakfast) / Formalities at the police office in Miandrivazo and Masiakapy / A local boat and boatmen / Mineral water on the river / Camping equipment on the river / Entrance fee at the waterfall of Nosinapela / A sport-utility vehicle Malagasy during 1 day / An assistant guide during the Tsiribihina river tour / All facilities on the tour / Communal taxes at Masiakapy : Gendarmes or Soldiers, Boarding fee
- Plane tickets Antananarivo (Ivato airport) to Nosy be airport / Nosy be airport to Antananarivo (Ivato airport)
For one person: € 3.140,- :discount until 15th April (normal: € 3.540,-)
For two persons: € 4.125,- :discount until 15th April (normal: € 4.530,-)
Not including in the price:
Drinks, tips, lunch, dinner, touristic activities in Nosy be
All year, nature in Madagascar is fresher between April and July
Madagascar Explorer – day to day program
Day 1: Ivato airPort – Antananarivo – Andasibe – Night Walk In Andasibe – Andasibe – Hotel:
Tongasoa !!! (Welcome). We will meet at the Ivato International Airport in Antananarivo (Tana), the Capital city of Madagascar (The City of a Thousand warriors). We drive from Ivato airport to Andasibe. The landscape is beautiful and varied the highlands, Rice paddies and Ravinala trees, the Oil palm. On arrival in Andasibe we will check in at Feon’ny Ala hotel. Later in the evening, we drive to the entrance of Analamazaotra Park for a nice and interesting night tour to discover nocturnal Lemurs, Chameleons and Frogs. Overnight at the hotel Feon’ny Ala , standard lodge Bungalow.
Day 2: Andasibe – Analamazaotra National Park – Andasibe – Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve – Andasibe – Hotel
After breakfast, we will visit Analamazaotra National Park (2 to 5 hours walk) to see: Indri indri, different species of Lemurs, Birds, Orchids, Insects, Act …. We will enjoy our lunch at the hotel and around 2 pm ,we’ll drive to Islands of the lemurs to see species of Lemurs including Blanck and white Ruffed Lemurs, Ring tailed Lemurs, Common Brown Lemurs, Bamboo Lemurs, the famous Fossa , Crocodile, etc. Drive back to the hotel and relaxing. Overnight at the Hotel Feon’ny Ala, standard lodge Bungalow.
Day 3: Andasibe – pereyras reptiles farms – Antsirabe – hotel
In the morning, we drive back to Antananarivo center and then drive towards Antsirabe.
Somewhere midway, we will stop at the Reptile farm of Pereyras to see many varieties of Chameleons and Geckos which are difficult to see in the wild. We continue the trip through a beautiful landscape where you’ll see the life of the Merina tribe along the road side. Antsirabe (the hot spring city): semi precious stones, craftsmen who make amazing souvenirs.
Overnight at Couleur café or Royal Palace hotel, Comfort Room.
Day 4: Antsirabe – Andraikiba Lake – Miandrivazo – Hotel
We have a wonderful day planned! Andraikiba is a beautiful and sacred volcanic lake that is definitely worth visiting. It is located in the central highlands of Madagascar and is surrounded by lush green vegetation and stunning scenery.
After our visit to the lake, we will be heading to Miandrivazo, which is a town in the western part of Madagascar. The drive from Andraikina to Miandrivazo takes several hours, so make sure to bring some snacks and water for the journey.
Once we arrive in Miandrivazo, we check into the hotel and relax for the rest of the evening. Miandrivazo is a great place to unwind after a long day of traveling and sightseeing. You might want to take a stroll around the town or try some of the local cuisine at one of the restaurants. Overnight at la Pirogue hotel, standard Room.
Day 5: Tsiribihina River tour – camping
After breakfast, transfer to Masiakapy by a taxi brousse. Here, we will start the calm water river journey on the majestic Tsiribihina River. You can sit back, relax and enjoy a beautiful landscape and many kinds of wild animals like: Herons, wild Ducks, Parrots, Raptors, Kingfishers, Chameleons, Insects then Butterflies. In the midday, we cross the massif of Bemaraha. It overflows with a fantastic landscape, deciduous forest with its lemurs and the marvelous sounds of birds. In the afternoon, we will have a shower under the best waterfall of Madagascar: “Nosinapela ” and its natural swimming-pool. After this nice waterfall ,we continue our cruising toward Begidro village where we will be setting camp on a sand bank, build a fire and cook your dinner. Enjoy your meal, listening to the sounds of the river and watch the sun go down.
Day 6: Tsiribihina River tour – camping
We cruise slowly on the river and before the midday, we stop for lunch under a mango tree. In the afternoon, we set camping on a sand bank again where is close to a traditional Malagasy village. Enjoy dinner and have a good night sleep. Out here , there are no streetlights or pollution, the night sky is filled with stars. Beautiful and relaxing, leading you to sweet dreams.
Day 7: Tsiribihina river tour – The end of Tsiribihina river tour journey – Zebu cart ride – Antsiraraka – The Sunset at Baobabs Alley – Morondava – Hotel
The river trip ends in the morning. We’ll take a Zebu car to join the village of Antseraraka. Then loading our luggage at the car after we drive to Morondava by a 4X4 car. In the afternoon ,we have some stop for Baobabs Trees on the way and from 4: 30 pm ;arrival at Baobabs Alley then you can take many pictures to the sunset with the Baobabs trees. We arrive in Morondava around 7:30 pm and hotel check in. Overnight at Laguna beach hotel, Comfort room with air con.
Day 08: Morondava to Antananarivo by Taxibrousse – Hotel
Early morning breakfast and transfer to Morondava taxi brousse station. You travel back to the Capital Antananarivo by premium(+) taxibrousse. After a 14 hours (or more) drive, along good and bad roads, you arrive in Antananarivo.
Make sure to bring plenty of snacks and water for the long drive and wear comfortable clothing and shoes for the journey. It is also a good idea to bring entertainment like books, music or podcasts to keep yourself occupied during the drive. And once you arrive in Antananarivo, take some time to rest and relax at your hotel after the long journey. Overnight at Chalet des Roses hotel, standard room.
Day 9: Antananarivo – Fly to Nosy be – Hotel:
You will be heading to Nosy be Island ! Here is what your itinerary looks like:
– After breakfast, transfer to Ivato airport
– You fly to Nosy be Island
– Transfer to your hotel
Make sure to check the flight schedule ahead of time to ensure that you arrive at the airport with enough time to go through security and check in. It is also a good idea to pack a carry-on with any essentials you may need during the flight and upon arrival at your destination. Once you land on Nosy be Island, take in the sights and enjoy your transfer to the hotel. Have a great stay!
Overnight at Belvedere hotel, standard Room.
Day 10-11-12: Nosy Be
Relaxing days to enjoy this beautiful tropical island.
Remember to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen and always be mindful of your safety. Enjoy your time on this beautiful tropical island. Overnight at Belvedere hotel, standard Room.
Day 13: Nosy be – Fly back to Antananarivo – Hotel :
You will be leaving Nosy be Island soon. Here is what your itinerary looks like:
– After breakfast or lunch ,transfer to Fascene airport
– Fly back to Antananarivo
– Arrival in Antananarivo around noon or in the evening
– Transfer to your hotel
Make sure to check the flight schedule ahead of time to ensure that you arrive at the airport with enough time to go through security and check in. If you have any connecting flights, be sure to leave enough time for those as well .Once you arrive in Antananarivo ,you can either rest at the hotel or explore the city, depending on what time you arrive. Enjoy the rest of your trip! Overnight at Chalet des roses hotel, standard room.
Day 14: Antananarivo –The Upper Town In Antananarivo – Market Of Digue – Ivato Aero Port- Flying Out:
You have one last day to explore Antananarivo before heading home. Here is what your itinerary looks like:
– Visit the upper town which offers a magnificent panorama of the city
– Do some shopping at the crafts market of digue
– Transfer to the airport for your flight back home
Make sure to allocate enough time to explore to the upper town, shopping at the crafts market, leave enough time to get to the airport and go through security before your flight. It is always a good idea to check your flight schedule and any travel advisories before heading to the airport. Safe travels and thank you for using our service!