Sit back, relax and let me take you to explore some of the highlights of Madagascar: the famous National Park of Andasibe, the central Highlands, Tsiribihina River (tour), Baobab Avenue and visit beautiful Nosy Be Island.
Please scroll down for a detailed day to day program.
14 days / 13 nights
Ivato airport (transfer) – Natural Reserve of Andasibe (Night walk in Andasibe, Analamazaotra National Park), Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve – Peyreras Reptiles Farm – Antsirabe – Miandrivazo – The Tsiribihina River descent (by local boat) – Nosinapela waterfall – Baobab Avenue in Morondava – Morondava – Seaside resort of Nosy Be – Antananarivo (the Capital).
Including in the price:
- A private car: Ivato airport- Antananarivo city- Andasibe- Night walk in Andasibe /Andasibe- Analamazaotra National Park- Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve- Andasibe /Andasibe- Pereyras Reptiles Farms in Marozevo- Antsirabe / Antsirabe- Andraikiba Lake- Miandrivazo
- By taxibrousse: Morondava to Antananarivo
- Accommodation at the hotel: Andasibe (2 nights) / Antsirabe (1 night) / Miandrivazo (1night) / Morondava (1night) / Antananarivo (1 night) / Nosy be (4 nights) / Antananarivo (1 night).
- Continental breakfast: Andasibe / Antsirabe / Miandrivazo / Morondava / Antananarivo / Nosy be / Antananarivo.
- Transfers by car: Miandrivazo to Masiakapy / Hotel – Morondava taxibrousse station /Antananarivo taxibrousse station – Hotel / Hotel (Antananarivo)- Ivato airport / Nosy be airport – Hotel / Hotel – Nosy be aero port / Ivato aero port – Antananarivo city / Antananarivo city – The upper town in Antananarivo – Digeu Market- Ivato airport.
- Parks entrance fee including local guides: Night walk in Andasibe / Analamazaotra National Park / Ilot de Lodge Vakona / Pereyras Reptiles Farm.
- Miandrivazo – Masiakapy – Tsiribihina river – Nosinapela waterfall- Baobab Avenue- Morondava: Full board on the Tsiribihina river / Formalities at the police office in Miandrivazo and Masiakapy / A local boat and boatmen / Mineral water on the river / Camping equipment on the river / Entrance fee at the waterfall of Nosinapela / Zebu cart ride,s fee / A 4×4 car during 1 day / An assistant guide during the Tsiribihina river tour.
- Flight tickets: Antananarivo – Nosy be / Nosy be – Antananarivo
Not including in the price:
Drinks, tips, lunch, dinner, touristic activities in Nosy be.
For one person: € 2.890
For two persons: € 3.540
All year, nature in Madagascar is fresher between April and July
Madagascar Explorer – day to day program
Day 1: Ivato airPort – Antananarivo – Andasibe – Night Walk In Andasibe – Andasibe – Hotel:
Tongasoa !!! (Welcome). We will meet at the Ivato International Airport in Antananarivo (Tana), the Capital city of Madagascar (The City of a Thousand warriors). We drive from Ivato airport to Andasibe. The landscape is beautiful and varied the highlands, Rice paddies and Ravinala trees, the Oil palm. On arrival in Andasibe we will check in at Feon’ny Ala hotel. Later in the evening, we drive to the entrance of Analamazaotra Park for a nice and interesting night tour to discover nocturnal Lemurs, Chameleons and Frogs. Overnight at the hotel Feon’ny Ala , standard Bungalow.
Day 2: Andasibe – Analamazaotra National Park – Andasibe – Vakona Forest Lodge Reserve – Andasibe – Hotel
After breakfast, we will visit Analamazaotra National Park (2 to 5 hours walk) to see: Indri indri, different species of Lemurs, Birds, Orchids, Insects, Act …. We will enjoy our lunch at the hotel and around 2 pm ,we’ll drive to Islands of the lemurs to see species of Lemurs including Blanck and white Ruffed Lemurs, Ring tailed Lemurs, Common Brown Lemurs, Bamboo Lemurs, the famous Fossa , Crocodile, etc. Drive back to the hotel and relaxing. Overnight at the Hotel Feon’ny Ala, standard Bungalow.
Day 3: Andasibe – pereyras reptiles farms – antsirabe – hotel
In the morning, we drive back to Antananarivo center and then drive towards Antsirabe.
Somewhere midway, we will stop at the Reptile farm of Pereyras to see many varieties of Chameleons and Geckos which are difficult to see in the wild. We continue the trip through a beautiful landscape where you’ll see the life of the Merina tribe along the road side. Antsirabe (the hot spring city): semi precious stones, craftsmen who make amazing souvenirs.
Overnight at Couleur café or Royal Palace hotel, Comfort Room.
Day 4: Antsirabe – Andraikiba Lake – Miandrivazo – Hotel
After breakfast ,we’ll continue our trip with a visit to the sacred -volcanic lake of Andraikiba.
Rest of the day we drive to Miandrivazo. In the evening, we will be in Miandrivazo to relax at the hotel .
Overnight at La Pirogue hotel, Economy Bungalow.
Day 5: Tsiribihina River tour – camping
After breakfast, transfer to Masiakapy by a taxi brousse. Here, we will start the calm water river journey on the majestic Tsiribihina River. You can sit back, relax and enjoy a beautiful landscape and many kinds of wild animals like: Herons, wild Ducks, Parrots, Raptors, Kingfishers, Chameleons, Insects then Butterflies. In the midday, we cross the massif of Bemaraha. It overflows with a fantastic landscape, deciduous forest with its lemurs and the marvelous sounds of birds. In the afternoon, we will have a shower under the best waterfall of Madagascar: “Nosinapela ” and its natural swimming-pool. After this nice waterfall ,we continue our cruising toward Begidro village where we will be setting camp on a sand bank, build a fire and cook your dinner. Enjoy your meal, listening to the sounds of the river and watch the sun go down.
Day 6: Tsiribihina River tour – camping
We cruise slowly on the river and before the midday, we stop for lunch under a mango tree. In the afternoon, we set camping on a sand bank again where is close to a traditional Malagasy village. Enjoy dinner and have a good night sleep. Out here , there are no streetlights or pollution, the night sky is filled with stars. Beautiful and relaxing, leading you to sweet dreams.
Day 7: Tsiribihina river tour – The end of Tsiribihina river tour journey – Zebu cart ride – Antsiraraka – The Sunset at Baobabs Alley – Morondava – Hotel
The river trip ends in the morning. We’ll take a Zebu car to join the village of Antseraraka. Then loading our luggage at the car after we drive to Morondava by a 4X4 car. In the afternoon ,we have some stop for Baobabs Trees on the way and from 4: 30 pm ;arrival at Baobabs Alley then you can take many pictures to the sunset with the Baobabs trees. We arrive in Morondava around 7:30 pm and hotel check in. Overnight at Reniala sable d,or hotel, Comfort Bungalow with sea view and air con.
Day 08: Morondava to Antananarivo by Taxibrousse – Hotel
Early morning, we have breakfast and transfer to Morondava taxi brousse station then we travel back to the Capital Antananarivo. After 14 hours driving on the good road, arrival in Antananarivo. Transfer by Taxi to the hotel. Overnight at Chalet des roses hotel, standard Room.
Day 9: Antananarivo – Fly to Nosy be – Hotel:
After breakfast, transfer to Ivato airport and you fly to Nosy be Island. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Belvedere hotel, Economy Room.
Day 10-11-12: Nosy Be
Relaxing days to enjoy this beautiful tropical island. Overnight at Belvedere hotel, Economy Room.
Day 13: Nosy be – Fly back to Antananarivo – Hotel :
After breakfast, transfer to the airport of Fascène for our flight back to Antananarivo. Arrival in Antananarivo around noon or in evening, transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Chalet des roses hotel, Standard Room.
Day 14: Antananarivo –The Upper Town In Antananarivo – Market Of Digue – Ivato Aero Port- Flying Out:
We visit the upper town and its ‘Rova Palace’ ot the former Queen, which dominates the city and offers a magnificent panorama. We can do some shopping at the crafts market of Digue then transfer to airport for your flight back home. Here, the tour ends / end of service.